2011/09/10

Proudly presenting...

The Woolly Walk Along is now installed at
the Devonport Wharf, Auckland, New Zealand.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to the amazing
artists who have contributed to this art project.
Thank you to everyone who helped out installing it.
Thank you to people in charge, for giving us permission
to give this free public art to the people in Auckland.
Thank you to everyone who in any way have been part of
The Woolly walk Along. I couldn’t have done it without you!

Enjoy!

-----

It was a very foggy and mysterious morning
when we headed down to the wharf in Devonport.
But the fog cleared and it was a sunny and lovely day!
We had so much fun!






























All photos by Michael Miller and Dag Young

More photos here

and here


11 comments:

  1. What an absolutely inspired idea - and what wonderfully artistic creations! Congratulations everyone! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow and Wow! For an ex-pat this has given me a little moment of homesickness:) but what a cool idea. Must have been amazing setting it all up and seeing the rainbow of colours and styles unfold as the morning sun rose. Love all the little touches and details you have managed to capture in the photos - thanks so much for letting us see them. AND well done you for such an inspired idea. Hope they last the distance of the Rugby World Cup unharmed. Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME! x thank you for doing this
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has got to be one of the best knit instillation pieces I have ever seen. Great job, and wonderful work everyone who was involved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! it looks great! Thanks for putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, will have to go and visit in person, well done everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well done Helene and team! it's awesome and I want to take my kids there soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue from out in the sticks13 September 2011 at 6:25 am

    Wow, a dream come true. ish I could some and see it, but as I can't the photos are just great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! I have never seen anything like this in my life! Great job and great courage!

    ReplyDelete